Twin Oaks’ Software Development, Inc. Privacy and Security PolicyThis policy was last updated on September 17, 2018.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Welcome to one of the websites of Twin Oaks Software Development, Inc., its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Twin Oaks,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), which provides software licensing, platform interface, and payment processing and related services, for direct primary care providers, among others (each, a “Provider”). All of the websites owned or operated by Twin Oaks and which contain a link to this Privacy and Security Policy are collectively, together with all services available through such websites, referred to as the “Site.”
Personal information is information capable of being associated with a particular person through one or more identifiers, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation, including, but not limited to, a Social Security Number, a driver’s license number, a state identification card number, an account number, a credit or debit card number, a passport number, an alien registration number or a health insurance identification number, and does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state or local government records or widely distributed media.
How we collect information about you
We collect, receive and store various types of information depending on how you use the Site.
Non-personal information. When you visit the Site, our servers, some of which are hosted by a third party, collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type, the web page from which you entered the Site, the length of time of each visit, and the pages you accessed on the Site. By itself, an IP address is not personal information, although this information may be combined with other personal information. We may also collect information about your device or computer on which you use the Services, such as your unique device identifiers, device type, model and version, Android or Apple ID, coarse location, fine location, GPS coordinates, source and status of network connection, internet service provider, IP address, browser type, operating system or other software used, page views, domains and similar information. We also collect non-personal information from you by means of Cookies (See below for a discussion of Cookies). This automatically collected information provides us with data regarding the use of the Site, and we use this information to monitor and improve the Site. In particular, we use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements, and gather information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
Personal Information. We collect, receive and store Personal Information when you connect to or register for the Services or when you directly provide such information in connection with sign-up, registration, use or interaction with the Site, including without limitation when you use the Services online, download or link to the Site, enter or upload Personal Information to the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or complete a profile through the Site. This information includes the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone(s), email, and other similar information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information submitted, collected, received or generated from and/or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To operate, provide, administer, develop, and improve the Services and to operate and support our related businesses.
- To better understand how users access and use the Services on an aggregated and individualized basis, to track and monitor usage, to conduct quality control, to fix technical and other errors or problems, to conduct market research and to respond to user desires and preferences.
- For advertising, marketing and promotional purposes by or for Twin Oaks (but not to provide Personal Information to third parties for advertising by such third parties unrelated to Twin Oaks or the Services).
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to your usage of our Services.
- To provide you with support and handle inquiries.
- To communicate with or contact you concerning your usage of or participation in the Services, and for other customer service. This may include use of your e-mail address to send you messages and notices for the purposes described above and below.
- To offer you content, services, or other products and services, including to develop new services and products.
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising.
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and any regulatory mandate or court order.
- To protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect our rights or property.
How We Share Personal Information
We do not share or use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties, except as disclosed in this Privacy and Security Policy. We may share your personal information with:
- Various departments of our company responsible for different aspects of the Services and our relationship with the Providers;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (examples include fraud prevention, agreements with financial institutions and others for payment processing, technology, and security). Our service providers, by contract, only use personal information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Companies that we would consider merging with, or being acquired by, or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control, or companies that we might collaborate or partner with in strategic transactions, business arrangements or licenses. In such transactions, user information and information regarding usage of the Services generally would be one of the transferred business assets or otherwise one of the components of, or involved in, the transaction, we may therefore share this information in connection with such transactions or arrangements.
- When we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement or to comply with a subpoena or court order; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the rights, property or safety of its employees, customers and visitors to the Site.
How Do We Protect and Store Personal Information
Some of our servers are physically located at our business premises. Some of our servers are dedicated servers hosted on a secure network of a third party service provider with which we have a contract for the hosting and for other related services. Such contract requires, among other things, that the service provider will not use any of our confidential information except in performing services for us, or as required by law to protect its servers. Further, our service provider is required to comply with security practices, procedures, and controls set forth in the contract.
Although no website can fully eliminate security risks and no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we employ various security measures designed to help protect the personal information that we collect about you. Our privacy policies are the same whether you are online or not, although we have extra measures to protect your privacy when you use the Services on the Site. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your personal information. The information you provide to us online is protected by firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL scrambles your account information as it moves between your device’s or computer’s browser and our computer systems. When information is scrambled, or encrypted in this way, it becomes nearly impossible for anyone other than Twin Oaks to read it. This secure session helps protect safety and confidentiality of your personal information when you interact with us online.
Documents containing personal information are retained in accordance with the requirements of federal and state law. At such time as documents containing personal information may be disposed of, we dispose of physical documents and electronic media containing data, computer files and documents containing personal information through the use of disposal methods such as shredding and the use of electronic “scrubbing” programs that permanently erase all data stored on electronic media.
We take reasonable measures to enforce this Privacy and Security Policy, and to correct and prevent the reoccurrence of any known violations. Any employee who knowingly obtains, uses or discloses personal information for unlawful purposes or contrary to the requirements of this Privacy and Security Policy or applicable law is subject to discipline up to and including termination of employment. We cooperate with appropriate law enforcement and administrative agencies in the apprehension and prosecution of any person who knowingly obtains, uses, or discloses personal information through the Company for unlawful purposes. We have a duty to inform you of any breach of security involving your personal information, if such were ever to occur. We have no control over the public or third party network through which you send your personal information to the Site.
What are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
A cookie is a small piece of information that our Site places on your device or computer. The cookie is saved on the hard drive by your device’s or computer’s browser. It holds information our Site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience, and helps the Site recognize you. When you return to the Site, your browser gives data back to our server. Contrary to reports about cookies and online privacy, cookies do not contain viruses and most cannot reveal any personal information about you unless you willingly provide it as a use of the Site and our Services.
As a matter of security, we do not imbed your Social Security Number or other personal information in our cookies. Any personal information you provide to us in utilizing the Site is stored safely and separately on our secured servers, and you need a password to access it.
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please take a look at your particular browser for instructions on this function. If you do elect to disable our cookies, please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of a personalized experience on the Site.
Policies for Children
From our Site, we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of 18.
Links to and from Other Websites